Q & A Tuesday: Round Up

Today’s Q And A  is with the YA paranormal author Kim Baccellia. Kim’s YA Paranormal Crossed Out is available in print and e-book at Lachesis Publishing or on amazon,Barnes and Noblekobo, and iBooks.
Why are you a writer?
It’s a huge part of me. If I put it off? I have very vivid dreams that haunt me. My characters don’t like it when I ‘forget’ about them.
What do you love to read in your spare time?
9780374384708_p0_v1_s260x420Depends. Right now readingThe Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski. It’s a YA fantasy filled with romance, mind games, power struggles, and amazing chemistry. Loving.
What are three things that you do that are important to your career as a writer (aside from actually writing the book)?
Building a positive presence online
Having a place to write without distractions
Not feeling guilty to say ‘no’ to those who feel that since I’m a writer/homeschool mom that I’m available 24/7
What are three of your top goals in your writing career?
To have foreign rights on my novels
I’d love to see Crossed Out  in graphic novel format
To write a novel outside of my comfort zone.
9780553393705_p0_v2_s260x420What is your favourite first line ever from a novel?
“It wasn’t a very likely place for disappearances, at least at first glance.” Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
What is your go-to power energy snack when writing?
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf iced tea latte with NSA chocolate power
And of course, Diet Dr. Pepper with a splash of regular and some lemon slices.
What was a book that made you go “aha!” and why? (fiction or non fiction)
9780062290106_p0_v2_s260x420The last one I read for YA Books Central—(I’m an editor there and review YA books).Made You Up by Francesca Zappia totally took me off guard with a reveal. I was waiting for my son at Mathnasium and let out an “Omigod, no flippin’ way!” comment. Of course the teens at the math lab wanted to know why I said that. **Got to love it when books do that to you!
How do you cope with bad or nasty reviews?
I get off the internet and give myself permission to feel sorry for myself. Then I get back on the next day and continue on. I tell myself that this biz is very subjective and leave it at that. I try not to dwell too much on bad reviews.
 What do you listen to when you write?
Depends on the project. For the sequel to Crossed Out  I listened to lots of Linkin Park, The Cure, Ed Sheeran, Plumb, These New Puritans, and Rachel Taylor. Brandon Flowers song CROSSFIRE is the title for my sequel.
Cats or dogs?
Cats.
Original post: http://lachesispublishing.com/?p=4954

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections

Blogfest 2012