Friday Five

1. Working on latest project.  Tentative new title is CANDLE IN THE WIND.  Drawing deep for emotions and using my new hummingbird notebook to sketch out this storyline.

2. Just finished reading this amazing YA contemporary novel that will for sure be on my Must Read books that deal with mental illness.  Yes, it's that good!

My YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/17825-made-you-up

Teaser: Honest portrayal of a teen dealing with schizophrenia that has a THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER meets SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK feel and wowza moments throughout. A top 2015 YA book that deals with mental illness in a realistic and honest way.











3. Fellow YA Books Central editor, Jen, totally recommended this book.  Jen rocks something fierce with not only her book but music reviews which are spot on.


Omg, told about feels!  This book has intense emotional reactions and so far I'm totally mesmerized under it's spell.
















Feeling this so far: 


**Love when a book does that!

4. Finished watching OUTLANDER.  This series is amazing.  So far it's been very faithful to the novel though Geillis has blonde hair in the book.  No biggie.  The emotion and chemistry is so there.  I didn't picture Jaime as the one that finally was cast but man, was I wrong.  The actor brings the vulnerability, toughness, and love to the scene.  I mean, I'm seriously thinking of subscribing to STARZ just to see what happens next!














5. Not sure what to think of season finale of THE 100.  I kind of hoped two main characters would get together.  Some hard choices were made and the consequences were intense.  Love the writing of this series but some episodes are almost too dark for me.  But that's just me.















**Guilty Pleasure:

Think I'll grab a diet Dr. Pepper with lemon slices.  Later, I have to have a crown replaced in my mouth.  Did I mention how much I HATE DENTISTS?  At least this one is gentle and not so abrupt or harsh like one I had ten years ago.  I ended up feeling the drill and when I complained?  The dentist got up and said, "I can't deal with her.  She has TMJ."  Yes, awkward much and no wonder why I don't care for dentists?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections

Blogfest 2012