#Wipmadness Week Two: Don't Give Up

This last Saturday I went to my local OCCRWA charter to get my PRO pin!



Love my charter!  Their motto: One hand forward, one hand back is so true.  This group has been so supportive, encouraging of my writing.  Love them!


Also loved this YouTube post from romance writer Laura Drake who won First New Book at RWA Nationals.  Love her writing journey.  It took her 15 years to get her book published.  Love, love her acceptance speech and including 2.41 where she talks about walls are there for those who don't want to be published bad enough.

So this week's theme is persistence.  How to keep going when you want to just throw your hands up and say, "Screw this."

Love this vlog from author K.M. Wieland:

http://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/2012/11/tempted-to-give-up-on-your-story-dont.html


Like I told other OCCRWA members last Saturday after I was presented with my PRO pin, my journey is on-going.  If it wasn't for the support, encouragement of writers in our writing community, I probably would have just given up.  But like Wieland mentioned in her vlog, I'm stubborn enough to keep on going.

So today that's my message: Don't Give Up!  Laugh at that inner critic that says you can't do it because you know what?  You can if you want it bad enough!

I'm shaking my #wipmadness pom poms your way!!!!!  Also I'm cheering you all on!!!!



Now, I'm not sure if anyone still would like a chance at a galley but I have lots of them!  Just RT and comment here for a chance at winning one!


Comments

Denise Jaden said…
Thanks again for keeping this up, Kim, and congrats on your Pro pin!
I look forward to coming back to check out these videos when I have a bit more time.

As for my writing, it is coming along slow and steady. I had a bit of an obstacle this weekend--away with no electricity--but I ended up doing some plotting via handwriting. And all in all, I think the couple of days break from drafting did me some good.

Thanks again for hosting, Kim!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the pro pin!! And I have a story I keep giving up on and going back to. Right now I am on the giving it another go track.

Just got a contract for another non-fiction book so that will be taking up my time as the deadline is August 29!

Hope you have a great week and thanks again for doing this.
Kim Baccellia said…
Denise,

No problem! I love you guys and the extra push I get to stay on my goals which help me achieve them!
Kim Baccellia said…
Deb,

Thanks!

You can do it! Sprinkling writing magic dust on you!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
Unknown said…
Congrats on your Pro pin, Kim! Thanks for hosting. :)

Gosh, it feels like it's been ages since I checked in. Sort of been in a rut. Not no much of a writing rut, as it's been a social media rut. Ive found I only have so much time during the day to write, and I was spending too much time emailing, blogging, tweeting, and facebooking that I wasn't getting the writing done. So I took a break, which I'm still on. But I got to thinking about you ladies and wanted to drop in and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well, and I really miss chatting with y'all and hearing about your accomplishments and successes.

I'm steadily working on revisions on my New Adult Mystery. I've sent it out to 3 betas, which I'm still waiting on, but can't seem to stop tweaking. Does the tweaking ever stop?? I think someone will have to pry this darn MS from my cold, dead hands before I'll give it up.

Hugs to all and hope all your projects are zooming along. :)
Unknown said…
Not "so" much of a rut. Gah, if I'd only review my comment before hitting publish.
Shari Green said…
Congrats on your Pro pin! :)

Isn't the writing community awesome?! Being part of such a wonderful group sure makes it easier to keep going in the tough times.

Got some writing done while I was camping this past week, but I've got a long way to go to reach my end-of-August goal! Onward!
Kim Baccellia said…
Candilynn,

OMG, I so know about being so busy with social media to the point that I don't get any writing done. I've had to 'take' a break or two, just to finish a project.

Ooh, on your NA mystery! Sounds intriguing!

Thanks for stopping by!
Kim Baccellia said…
Shari-

You can do it!!!!! Sprinkling some writing dust on you!

Ooh, on the camping! Son and husband went on a week long one last month. I went on my own mini vacation to visit with my mom and stepdad. Some times you need to do that to recharge those creative juices!

Thanks for stopping in!
Kim Baccellia said…
Candilynn,

Sprinkling some writing dust your way too!

Remember, I'm cheering for all of you guys!!!!
Carol Garvin said…
The week is about over but I'm dropping in to say hi. It sounds like everyone has been staying on track so far this month. I didn't do much writing during these past couple weeks, but I read LOTS! A book a day for the first week alone.

I love the support and encouragement we get from our wonderful writers' community. The analogy of our journey being like climbing a ladder is very appropriate. No matter where you are on it, there is someone above you reaching out a helping hand, and someone below you needing a helping hand from you.

Thanks for being one who consistently offers encouragement and a helping hand. And congrats on receiving your pro pin!
Kim Baccellia said…
Carol,

Thanks for stopping by! Yes, my RWA charter rocks big time! I love going to the monthly meetings and get some encouragement. I know this biz is tough and it really helps to know others understand and support you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections

Blogfest 2012