#Wipmadness Week 4

This last weekend my thirteen-year-old and I were able to go to Sacramento, California and visit my family.



It was fun to see family



I just needed to get away for a little while and be with my own mother and stepdad. It's been hard with mother-in-law being down here and all.

Today's theme is do you ever feel like you need to take a break? Is there times when you feel stuck and just need that little time away to regroup?

For me it was going to Sacramento for a couple days. It was nice to hear positive things about not only myself but my writing as well. I think sometimes all of us have to do this whether it is going on a short trip to taking a walk, breaking out a novel to read, going out to dinner with friends, or other things.

Remember, I'm cheering for all of you guys! Every little step forward takes us that closer to meeting our goals!

**I'm almost done with my revision and can't wait to send it over to my editor!




****Last week's winner is:


DEB

Email me at ixtumea@gmail.com. Here's a list of galleys available: http://kimbacceliasweblogfantasy.blogspot.com/2014/07/wipmadness-week-1.html

DON'T LOOK BACK and FIENDISH have been taken but the others including




YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/17105-the-bridge-from-me-to-you

Teaser: Schroeder sprinkles her own magic in this story of two teens who find each other during hard times.

and MANHUNT are available!

Comments

Denise Jaden said…
I love Lisa Schroeder's writing. Can't wait to read this one!

As for me...no breaks in sight, I'm afraid! (Though it sounds heavenly!) I started drafting a new novel along with an online class I'm running on fast drafting. It's going ok, but I did very little prep, so feeling a little lost at times.

At the same time, I'm revising another book that I recently got notes on. I'm trying to keep immersed in both stories each day, even if it's only for a half hour. They're both coming along, but I'm feeling very busy.
Kim Baccellia said…
Denise,

Yay, for being on track with your writing! My mini break has helped me get back into the swing of things and I hope to meet my deadline goal of August 8th!

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! Plus, thanks tons for RTing on Twitter for me!
OMG! Do I need a break! That is exactly what I have been asking for, but we just don't have the funds in the summer. I'm hoping to escape in September and do some real writing and breathing :-)

The job thing is finally settle...and I'm screwed, but staying here for now. So, at least I can get my head back together and focus on my writing more. I hope you good some good break time, Kim. Thanks for hosting! Do we have a host for August?

Good luck with your new revision :-)
Kim Baccellia said…
Mary Ann,

Sorry about the job thing. Hope things work out for you.

Yes, it was great to have a mini break from all the stress around here which is mostly with my mother-in-law. She's in assistant living place but still very demanding and my husband is the only family member close by. Sigh. So yeah, so nice to get away and be with my own family.

Not sure on who is hosting next month. Need to have a call out!

Thanks again for stopping by!
Shari Green said…
So looking forward to reading THE BRIDGE FROM ME TO YOU!

I had a wonderful break - just got back from a 2-1/2 week roadtrip. No writing at all, and not very much reading, but we had great visits with family and saw some really amazing places! Always good to get home, though, and I'm so glad to be back at the writing...hoping to finish a fast-draft of a new YA by the end of August. (Yikes! Better get at it!)

I'm glad you got to visit your family, Kim. Good luck with your revision!

Thanks for the check-ins! :)
Kim Baccellia said…
Shari,

It's always good to get away from it all! Sounds like you had a fun trip!

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections

Blogfest 2012