Friday Five

1. The weather down here in Southern Ca has dropped down below the 30s!  Freezing!  Sure, those back East and other parts of the US this is probably not that cold but to us?  We're not used to it.  And to add to all the craziness?


It snowed!

Those are the Saddleback mountains right by my home.


This is right outside my upstairs bathroom window.  See that snow?

The night before was brutal with high winds, rain, and snow.  Luckily we didn't have any damage though my cockatiel Jenny, isn't doing too well in this weather.

Sigh.


2.  Just finished my part of the Cybils!  Love this group so much!

3.  Finished reading the latest Jo Knowles book!

Loved this book something fierce!

YABC review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/17631-read-between-the-lines

Teaser: A must read for Knowles fans and those who love engaging, heart-felt stories with realistic characters that give us a glimpse not only into their worlds but our own.

4.  Right now reading:

I know, you'd think after reading some 205 nominated Sci-fi/fantasy books I'd just want to read something else but this blurb got my attention.  Girl likes a boy.  Break up.  Go to Paris( key word there: Paris). Witchy things in a haunted house happen.  Yup.  I'm hooked.

5. Loving the voice of this one:

Listening on tape and the protagonist's voice is hilarious, edgy, and someone I would love to hang with!

**Guilty Pleasure:

Hoping that I don't have to visit vet...again.

Sigh.  Mega sigh.

Will try to grab a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha drink while they're still here!  Son gave me a $20 gift card!  He knows what I like!

Photo courtesy of Starbucks.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation