2012 in review

2012 had a lot of twists and turns for me.


January:

Here's the goals I set back on January 2nd:


Professional goals:

1. Revised my seekrit project. Tear it apart with vengence. My biggest goal is to dig deeper with my characters and also a plot that has morphed from a dystopia to Sci-fi.

2. Get seekrit project ready by Fall 2011 to start querying.  **DID START THIS BUT NO WAY WAS IT READY IN TIME FOR QUERYING.  DROPPED EVEN THE SCI-FI AND IT'S TURNING MORE INTO A FANTASY SET IN THE NOT TOO FAR FUTURE.


3. Have marketing plan ready for release of NO GODDESSES ALLOWED. This includes a book trailer, virtual book tour, swag, and other things that tie in with my book.  **BOOK RELEASE PUSHED FORWARD.  NEEDED MORE EDITING.

4. Get back with publisher on proposal to sequel to CROSSED OUT.  **DID BUT PUBLISHER WANTED A FULL FIRST.  STILL WORKING ON

5. Attend ALA summer in Anaheim **YAY!  DID!

6. Attend RWA Nationals this summer **YAY!  DID!

7. Start another project, hopefully a historical romance I've been playing with **DIDN'T GET TOO THOUGH I DID SUBMIT A PROPOSAL ON AN IDEA TO PUBLISHER.

8. Read more than just YA.  **YAY!  DID!  AND WAS A CYBIL'S PANELIST FOR THE FIRST ROUND OF JUDGING THE BEST YA SCI-FI/FANTASY WHICH INCLUDED 205 BOOKS!


Personal:

1. Continue exercising at least 4xs a week **YAY!  DID!

2. Make my 10% off goal with weight watchers **ALMOST THERE!  

3. Get a mammogram **STILL WORKING ON THIS ONE

4. One day to myself. Need this to regroup after all the stress of MIL and homeschooling. **IN PROCESS

5. Try not to feel guilty. This is a huge one for me. I think most women feel if they can't do everything perfect, they're a failure. I need to realize it's okay to be uh, human? **DITTO HERE.  STILL TRYING

6. Maybe take a French class? **DIDN'T GET TO

Overall, didn't do bad on achieving my goals.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections

Blogfest 2012