Friday Cybils Five and more!

Here's another round of Cybils nominated books I've read this week:

1. THE LOST GIRL by Sangu Mandanna

Totally loved this book!

Here's a little teaser:

Totally loved this dystopian tale of Eva,a 'Echo', who's a copy of Amarra, and is expected to be her replacement when Amarra dies. I loved the emotional pull this story had on me. I felt Eva's pain of knowing she'd never be herself but rather Amarra. The author does such a great job of showing us Eva's world. This has to be one of the best YA novels that deals with cloning in such a way you're glued to each page, cheering for Eva. I know I was!









2. HENRY FRANKS by Peter Adam Salomon

Henry Franks doesn't remember how he got his scars. He has dreams that don't make sense. His father is obsessed with Henry's behavior and distances himself at work. All the time a serial killer is stalking the streets. This story has just the right amount of subtle creepiness that I love!










3. FALLING FOR HENRY by Bev Brenna


Fifteen year old Kate ends up finding herself mistaken for Princess Katherine during the reign of King Henry VII.  Interesting portrayal of the time period and also a note of why England ended up killing off all the wolves during this time.
















4. THROUGH TO YOU by Emily Hainsworth

Really enjoyed this twist on the whole-what-would-you-do-if-you-could-change-fate? Cam's life is shattered when his beloved Viv dies. Then a twist of fate gives him the opportunity to see Viv again though this other dimension might not be exactly what he'd hoped for.  











5. THE IMMORTAL RULES by Julie Kagawa

Really enjoyed this dystopian/vampire tale where we see the struggles/conflicts/horrors of being a vampire though Allison's eyes. The author does a great job of digging deep into Allison's character without using the trite cliches that fill other similar tales. Allison is a new anti-heroine. 











**Books next on my list to read:

This one sounds really good.  It's kind of like a futuristic Romeo and Juliet story only this protagonist 'doesn't remember her so-called fiance.















I'm a huge fan of Maria Snyder.  Can't wait to read her latest tale!



















***Guilty pleasure:

While son and husband  go to see the new Hobbit movie:


I'll be doing a little more Christmas shopping.  Plus I'll be reading yet more Cybils books and also drinking a nommy Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Winter tea latte.

I have them use the non-fat chocolate powder and it tastes just as yummy!

Comments

Unknown said…
You read five books in a week? Wow! Thank so much for supporting your fellow authors with features like this and helping us decide what to read next. :-)
Kim Baccellia said…
Uh, I read more but posted the ones that stood out to me! I know, I'm crazy! But I LOVE the Cybils so much! I feel like I'm in heaven with a Cybils nominated book and a good cup of tea.

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections

Blogfest 2012