Friday Five

1. Well, it's been a crazy week.  **I know, what else is new?  We got a phone call at 10:30pm the other night saying that our nephew's fiancee broke off their engagement and that he was devastated and needed a place to stay for a while.  Also, he just got out of a cult.

I'm like, "What?"

Now, here is the interesting part and how I keep shaking my head at all the drama my in-laws generate.  Great stuff to use in novels.

R. shows up and no, he didn't break off the engagement but rather needed to get away for a few days to clear his head.  No, it's not really a cult but more like con artists who work under the guise of religion.

Another reason why it's important to get to the source because otherwise the truth gets lost in all the drama.

Sigh.

One way to get over all this is:

BOOKS!

2. Agent Jen Laughran recommended this book on Twitter:

Yes, it's one of her client's books but almost all of the books Jen recommends are good.  Think BLAIR WOOD WITCH PROJECT meets the mystery of Roanke Island some 500 years later.  Creepy, good read!

















3. I've been wanting to read this one for a while now and was really excited the rep at ALA gave me a galley:



















4. Going to have review of this one up for her virtual book tour:

This is just the right book for those who are looking for a lighter, fun, historical romance.  Add time travel to the mix and you have a must read story!  YA Books Central and a fun interview with author coming soon!


















5. And if you know me, I'm a huge Ellen Hopkins fan.  Her latest, TILT, is coming out next week.  The trailer will be up on Friday at EW.com



Ellen's trailer is up today at EW.com:

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2012/09/07/ellen-hopkins-tilt-trailer-exclusive/




















**Guilty pleasure:

Just found out from my publisher Liz at Zumaya that NO GODDESSES ALLOWED has a release date of October 24th!  In celebration of this news I thought I'd share a little Taylor Swift



Also Fall is in the air!  I'm going to try Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte.  Only iced.




Comments

Marysue Hobika said…
I'm a big Taylor Swift fan. I often listen to her while I write. Her music inspires me.
Unknown said…
Congrats on your (quickly approaching) release. Sounds like you have a full house. :)
Kim Baccellia said…
Beth Revis suggested this song for Jordan(the protagonist in NO GODDESSES ALLOWED)a while back. I was hooked!
Jessie Harrell said…
Congrats - can't wait to see the cover (I'm an admitted cover release junkie) and want to share it in yalitchat first pages since I know you went through there. yay!
Also, pumpkin spice lattes complete my life. Just saying...
Kim Baccellia said…
Jessie,

Thanks!

Have you tried the pumpkin spice latte iced? OMG, heaven!

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections

Blogfest 2012