Friday Five

1. Still scoring essays! I have another two or so weeks to go!

And yes, at the end of the week I feel like this:




2. Got a sneak peek at my cover for NO MORE GODDESSES. It's not quite there but what I've seen so far? I'm really loving! Can't wait to reveal the final cover to everyone! Stay tuned!

3. I'm totally on a Paris kick right now! I signed up to take beginning French at Saddleback College this summer; got a niffy Paris theme handbag:



T-shirt from Urban Outfitters:




4. Here's some Parisian settings in some recent YAs I'm either reading or read:

Love this series by Amy Plum. Here's the blurb on this amazing paranormal series:

Introducing a new supernatural mythology, the DIE FOR ME trilogy presents Kate, a 16-year-old American who moves to Paris after her parents' death. She finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears. Love, mystery, & horror are combined in the city where dreams are sometimes the same as reality.

Author's website: http://www.amyplumbooks.com/



An ebook novella:



And the finally book in the Reverent series:



Another fun online interactive one has to be STILL SUCKS TO BE ME...EVEN IN PARIS:



What's fun about this series, is you get to chose where the characters go! And it's in Paris! Fun voice too!

Author's website: http://www.kimberlypauley.com/

Also loved this one that takes place in Europe with a stop in Paris:



I really love this ghost whisperer meets Ghost Hunters series!

Author's website: http://ghosthuntress.com/

Also here's a NA-New Adult-read set in Paris.



And I can't forget this fun time-travel series from Sourcebooks. It's more MG but still really enjoyed it!



5. Right now reading this:



I was lucky enough to get to read the first 25 pages of this. Georgia McBride has done so much for the YA community including starting her own pub: Month9bks. This story deals with fallen angels and much more. YABC interview/review coming soon!

Author's website: http://georgiamcbride.com/

**Guilty Pleasure will happen tomorrow when I go to my local OCRWA meeting in Brea: http://www.occrwa.org/index.html

Here's a little of what I'll be looking forward to:

Kate Noble
“Story Structure”

Afternoon Speaker:

Sarah Wendell – Smart Bitches
“Online Reviews: How to Seek, Receive, Use & Respond to Reviews”


Also I'm mentioned in the newsletter!


Kim Baccellia, who just joined OCC RWA, signed a contract for book two in The
Goddesses series with Zumaya Publishing. Her YA book No More Goddesses should be out
soon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation