Friday Five

1. Even without STAR testing, it's been another crazy, busy week! I ended up getting a phone call on Monday to go to a meeting with paperwork that I didn't even start on yet. Sigh.

2. Then some good news. Not for me but for Mandy, the YA Book Central goddess! She'd been hinting around that she had news to share and finally did!

http://strangechemistrybooks.com/2013/05/01/announcing-our-newest-author-m-g-buehrlen/




3. Another former critique buddy got a book deal too:

******ALLELUIA!!! After nine years and five novels, I finally sold one!*******


Kym Brunner's debut WANTED: DEAD OR IN LOVE, about two teens possessed by the spirits of Bonnie and Clyde who soon discover that the legendary outlaws plan to continue where they left off, to Jacquelyn Mitchard at Merit Press, for publication in 2014, by Eric Myers at The Spieler Agency (World English).

**I loved this story and can't wait to read the final version!

4. Reading this amazing book right now:



Love the voice! YABC review coming soon!

Check out the book trailer:

5. Waiting for my copy of SWEET PERIL! Loved the first book in the series! Can't wait for the next one!

*Yes, I've still scoring fourth grade essays which means I'm behind on both my reading and writing. Sigh. Next week for sure will get back to my sequel and some more awesome books!

**Guilty pleasure:

Husband and son are going to father/son overnight camping trip which means I have a few hours to myself.

I hope to sneak in some writing time tonight!


Comments

Congrats to your CP's on the book deals. Ugh...STAR don't mention it. I'm just glad it's over. The hubby and I are going away for the weekend but I brought my laptop...hope to get in a few hours without the kids. Hope you get some writing done, too.
Jessie Harrell said…
I read on Kindle and started Sweet Peril yesterday. It's great!
Kim Baccellia said…
So jealous, Jessie! Jen of YABC went to the booksigning the other day. She's the one that told me about this amazing series. I admit I'm kind of getting over fallen angel stories but this one has total wowza factor!
Kim Baccellia said…
Dawn, I know what you mean about STAR testing. My son's charter school got audited by the state and was told we needed to bring our math/ELA scores up. What's so unfair is they judged us by K-12 while most other schools in the state are ranked by K-5; 6-8; 9-12. I homeschool through the charter school. So this year it's felt like the whole teaching to the test thing which I hate so much!

I do have a part-time gig with Pearson Educational testing in which I score for them. I like scoring the essays as it gives me an insight into the tween world.

Ooh, have a great weekend with your hubby! We plan on doing something similar the end of next month while son's away at scout camp!

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections