1. Been in a funk with writing. It's more than a writer's block but more of a disillusion right now.
Hate when life happens. The whole being the mom of a teen is hard.
Omg, how sad is it when you now can relate somewhat with the parent in a YA book?
I agree with this post on the whole control thing:
2. Really admire writer friend Melodye Shore. She went to a recent KKK rally in Anaheim, California. She asked if I would be going, but I couldn't. She posted her take of the rally and why it was so important to be there.
|Photo courtesy of Melodye Shore|
I agree. By being silent in the face of evil, we condone that act.
Here's a link to her article: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-kkk-anaheim-protest-blowback-20160309-story.html
Another link to her blog post: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/wyatt-706061-counter-flag.html
**Melodye contributed some photos including the one of the stabbing victim.
3. Photos of baby Damon at week 7:
4. Finished reading the amazing YA book THE SERPENT KING:
My YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/19529-the-serpent-king
Teaser: Southern Freaks and Geeks meets The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This bittersweet coming of age tale will keep you glued to the pages as you follow the trials, sorrows, and triumphs of three friends in a small southern town. Keep some tissues close at hand. This story will stay with you long after you finish that last page.
5. Also finished reading PEARL:
Teaser: Raw insight into a world of drugs and alcohol and a girl that needs to choose to have the courage to rise above it.
And right now almost finished reading INTO THE DIM:
Hope to go to a mediation session and see Damon again!
Tomorrow going to an OCCRWA event! These meetings motive me to continue writing and I love how supportive/encouraging the other members are!
Here's our motto:
So hopefully I'll get the inspiration to do this with the funk I've been encountering with my own writing.
***Tumblr: I'm on Tumblr! Check out my posts at: http://ixtumea1.tumblr.com/