Friday Five

1. Let's start with the good news first:

Cybils books are a coming!


Love this part of being a Cybil's panelist!

2. Received GRIM:

So far loving this anthology of short YA tales that have a dark twist off of the Grim stories we heard as children.

















 THE STEPSISTER'S TALE:

A twist on Cinderella.

**See a theme here?
















3. Last Friday went with son's Spanish class to Olvera Street.  Loved going as my bisabuela's family lived there at the tail end of the 1880s.





**A restored mural that had been 'whitewashed'.  Artist was a friend of Diego Rivera.


















Couldn't resist this Frida coin purse!




















Also found a Latina t-shirt.  Had to get!















Here's what the shirt says:

Cool, huh?




















4.  Also can't wait to read SALVAGE:

Loved Beth Revis's ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and Beth highly recommended SALVAGE.  Plus, heard it has one strong feminist protagonist.

Win!













5. Okay, the not so great news.

Math.

Pre-algebra.

It's official: I suck at it.  I ended up paying for an online class for son as I know I can't really teach this.  Well, he totally bombed his quiz yesterday.  We went over the chapter first too.  To make matters worse?  His teacher called and wanted to know what's going on.

What makes this all so flippin' frustrating is I've been trying to get help but no one believes that son has a learning disability or says I'm helping him too much so he's not confident to try.

Anyone have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

**Guilty pleasure:

I loved Starbucks Peppermint Mocha's even over Coffee Bean & Tea leaf's version.

I think after all this math drama, I deserve one.  Don't you think?

Photo courtesy of Starbucks.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation