Friday Five

Sorry, no vlog today as I decided to have a make-up free day!

First good news!  My colonoscopy came up clean!  This means I don't have to come back for another ten years.

YAY!

This week has been crazy with family drama on both sides.  I was reading the paper today and saw this ad from AARP on a caregiver silently screaming.  I realized this is us.  If you don't know, my mother-in-law 'decided' to move back to Southern Ca.  My 25 year old nephew is living with her and is a real saint. Let's just say this has been a very trying experience.

I was happy to find this: http://www.aarp.org/home-family/caregiving/?cmp=RDRCT-CRGNG_APR12_012

I'm finding out husband and I are a part of a growing trend: caregivers with aging parents.  I love this site as it has some links that hopefully will help.

Now to books!

1. Loved, LOVED, this book:

My YABC review:
http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/12993-the-curiosities-a-collection-of-stories














2. Loved this book too!


My YABC review:
http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/12108-onyx-lux-2

**Can you tell this one is a big hit?  Lots of positive reviews for this romance that has a ROSWELL the TV series feel plus a hot guy!









3. Right now reading this:

I met Hachette marketing director at ALA and asked for some James Patterson.  So I was really excited to have a package come with this included in it.  It's Patterson at his best!











4. Trying to get into this one:

The beginning is amazing but when it goes back in time?  I'm having a hard time staying with it.  I loved THE MAZE RUNNER so I'll give this one a chance.














5. Also need I say more about this one?

Love the covers of these books and the premise is really fun.  A teen puts on a dress and goes back in time.  This time around she goes back to 1770 in Paris, France.













**Guilty pleasure:

This Friday is our 27th wedding anniversity.  Holy cow.  Time goes by fast, doesn't it?

Later, hope to go out to a nice restaurant.  Plus, maybe go to a fun movie with son:


Comments

Happy anniversary! And I'm glad you have a clean colon :)
Kim Baccellia said…
Thanks! I was so happy when doctor told me I was clean! Husband had a polyp removed, which was benign, so I was worried that would happen with me too. But I'm ok! The prep was the nasty part.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Post on Egyptian Goddess Hathor

Friday Five

Friday Five-Dia de los Muertos version