Friday Five

1. Wow, this year has started off not that great as I had the dreaded stomach flu.  Teen and I both had it for five days!

Two weeks before we had a mild case of the flu bug.  And I had the flu shot!  All of us did!

I think it's because I've been battling with depression after the election.  I've been in a serious funk and it's been hard to bounce back from it.

It's like I've gone through most of the stages that are similar when you lose someone.

a. disbelief
b. numbness
c. depression
**anger

I love how the TV show BLACKISH shows EXACTLY how I've been feeling!

Right now I'm thinking of ways to channel how I've been feeling about the election results into something positive.  I also need to rise above it all.

Mostly I need to remember some wise words of advice from Pam at yoga who marched in the Civil Rights movement of the 60s in the South.

"Be active and vigilant."

2. I only started writing again this week with the goal of getting 500-1K in every day.  My story set in a small village in Tuscany, Italy is slowly coming to life.  I'm finding inspiration from the work my younger sister did in finding our roots there and connecting with distinct cousins!

Also Alana Morissette is on my Playlist along with Italian Popstar Carmen Consoli.







3. Even though I was sick, I was able to read!


This one reminded me what would happen if THE ORIGINALS collided with YA.  The biggest plus of this novel has to be the French Quarters setting in New Orleans.

My YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yaindie/17157-the-casquette-girls

Teaser: Magically, Gothic trip through the streets of New Orleans where a horrible secret is unleashed after the hurricane of the century.

4. 


My YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/20843-the-hidden-memory-of-objects

Teaser: Suspenseful ride through the streets of Washington, DC where the ability to see the past through the objects of dead people might be the way to solve a personal mystery. Historical background on Abraham Lincoln add to this tale.

5. 

The protagonist of this YA just happens to be the niece of one of the most hated people of the world--Hitler. When she finds out that her father might in fact had been murdered by the very cause she once believed in, she searches for the truth.


**Guilty Pleasure:

Finally getting my hair cut and colored!  Thinking of having it be a little brighter this time around.

Also FINALLY enjoying one of my Starbucks gift cards!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections