Friday Five

1.  Been busy working on my revision of CROSS FIRE(sequel to CROSSED OUT).  My motto these past few weeks has been this:

I've entered Stage IV of my story--I'm using Michael Hauge's Six Stage Plot Structure.  StoryMastery.com

Stage IV is Complications & Higher Stakes and moves steadily into essence.  Basically Stephanie has made a huge decision and she can't go back now.  Which leads into a major setback...real soon.


Hoping to capture an equally magic scene soon!


2. Finished reading FROSTFIRE:




YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/17726-frostfire

Teaser: Fast-paced action along with likable characters in a lush fantasy world that only Hocking can create. Once again, another winning tale! Can't wait for the next book in the series.


3. Loved Heather Brewer's latest!


YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/17717-the-cemetery-boys

Teaser: Twisted walk into a psychological horror tale where the power of belief can take a very wicked turn. A sure must read for other minions out there.

4. Listening to INSURGENT on audio tape while commuting with son to his classes.



My younger sis got me the tapes last year and only now have I started listening to them.  Basically the story takes right off after the ending of DIVERGENT.  Lots of inner struggle with Tish and Tobias(Four).  Action packed throughout.  One huge thing I'm really loving has to be Tish's conflict with all the violence going around her.  She's not quick to kill but struggles with how this is a war and that she'll have to continue to make tough decisions that will stay with her forever.

Verdict?  


LOVE!  Can't wait to see movie next month!


5. Speaking of loving a book, one that totally exceeded my expectations?

I'm so in love with this series!  Author told me book three depends on sales of this book.

Here's Melissa Landers on a book three in the series:

That depends on sales. Publishing is a business, and Disney needs to see strong numbers for INVADED before they'll buy a third in the series. If you'd like to see more of Aelyx and Cara, here's what you can do:

1. Order the books. If you can't find them in local stores, Book Depository ships worldwide for free.

2. Ask your county and school libraries to order copies, too. Library sales are a HUGE deal for publishers, but many libraries will only order a book if you specifically ask them to do it.

3. Talk about the books. Post pics online, and leave reviews on retail sites like Amazon, B&N, and Book Depository. This helps new readers discover the series. Nothing beats word-of-mouth advertising!

Fingers crossed for a third! I'll post an update as soon as I know more. And as always, thanks for your support!



So, what's stopping you all?  Go out and buy!  You won't be disappointed.  It's an interstellar romance that has action, intrigue, mystery, and of course a hot love story!  Reminds me of STAR CROSSED (only written better)

 You can purchase the TV series on Kindle Fire!  I have!

















Now revisiting book one in the series:





















**Guilty Pleasure:

Today have my dreaded yearly exam.  I always hyperventilate over this, stressing that there might be something wrong.  Wish me healthy vibes!  I think it's because not one but two friends of mine have been dealing with the dreaded C word.  Getting older is a real bitch.  That's for sure.

But one 'good' thing is my center has facials for right after the exam!

Yay!

Photo Courtesy of Orange Coast Women's Medical Group

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation