Pandemic Edition Monday March 23, 2020

1. Okay, now I get why basic food items like eggs, flour, yeast, milk are off the shelves. We were able to get some eggs and I had butter. So I did some stress cooking and made some homemade Toll House cookies.

Son went shopping yesterday and shared how the shelves are empty of bread, eggs, milk, flour, and even, beer. "Mom, there was no beer and absolutely no alcohol." So I'm thinking some people need a drink or two just to deal with the fear of getting Covid-19 and the stress of worrying if they'll get laid off due to the Stay at Home order or watching yet another daily episode of tRump's thinly veiled rallies.

Speaking of...

2. I also have decided I won't watch anymore of tRump's conferences. The lies are only adding to the fear right now.


Who am I watching? Our California governor's conferences and also the mayor of Los Angeles. These men have stepped up to the plate and are doing what they can to stop this virus.

Thank you!

3. Then I saw this today. I know my church has called home many overseas missionaries. But this isn't cool. Look at the photo carefully:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/03/23/utah-health-officials/

This is a disaster in the making. And some of those families are saying they've have welcome home parties. Uh, no. Not now. Not when the Covid-19 virus is still going around.

4. One good thing is I was able to walk a little with my boot:

It still hurts, but I'm at least trying. Tomorrow is another session of physical therapy.

5. Some humor:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections