Friday Five

1. Have jury duty this week.  The last time I did this was before 9-11.  I guess I'm weird but I actually find the whole process fascinating.  I've been on a number of panels and even got to see and smell tar heroin on one criminal trial.

This time though?  I was dismissed at 12:15pm.  It felt kind of surreal as every other time I was summoned for jury duty, I was chosen to be on a panel.

Not this time though....







2. Finishing up this revision!!!!

This project has taken me longer to write, revise, and flesh out then any other story I've written so far.  But I've learned that it's better to not rush and take the time to have the best work before querying it out.  I don't want to burn any bridges this time around.

3. My new project involves:


It's about the aftermath of gun violence and how a teen deals with the tragic loss of her beloved brother.

Some research for this one involves:


Plus, other books that deal with gun violence and of course my own reflections of dealing with the death of my younger sister.

4. Books I've read:


YA Books Central review:http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/20143-breaker

Teaser:  Suspenseful thriller with twist and turns where not is all it seems to be. An very unlikely romantic connection that has everything set against it.

4. Also reading this and TOTALLY LOVING!




Loving the voice of this paranormal/horror set in a futuristic world where the monsters aren't what they seem and where a song can kill.


5. Excited to be hosting YA author Beth Revis on the 18th!

More coming soon!!!!

Here's the link!

https://blab.im/elenadillon-elena-and-kitty-blabbing-about-books-ya-and-teen-reads

**Guilty pleasure:

Hope to go to Coffee House and polish the first three chapters of story and then send off to another YA author to go over...again before I sent this baby out there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections