Friday Five

1. My big news this week is I'm going to be a part of the Cybils this year!!!!  I'm on the first panel of the YA fantasy/Sci-Fi category.  My FAVORITE genre!!!!!







Sheila Ruth
Wands and Worlds@sheilaruth
Karen Jensen
Teen Librarian’s Toolbox@tlt16
Kim Baccellia
Kim Baccellia@ixtumea
Allie Jones
In Bed With Books@wearedevilcow
Kathy Burnette
The Brain Lair@thebrainlair
Maureen Kearney
Confessions of a Bibliovore@mosylu
Kimberly Francisco
Stacked Books@kimberlymarief

So excited!!!!!


2. Weather's been brutally hot this whole week.  Ugh.  100+ temps.  Then a freak storm blew in:

It didn't hit us but blew right over.  Other places in Riverside and the desert weren't so lucky.

**I'm afraid it's going to be one of those winters this year.









3. Watched the first episode of FOX's new TV series RED BAND
SOCIETY.  One thing really stood out to me: the stereotypical mean cheerleader that everyone hates.  She's skinny, blond, and white.  Is it just me or has this character been overdone?  The cheerleaders from my own High school were always friendly and had a smile.   Photo courtesy of SpoilerTV.com


4. Excited for former critique writing buddy P.J. Hoover's latest success.  Had to go to local Barnes and Noble bookstore to grab a copy of her MG book TUT: A STORY OF MY IMMORTAL LIFE.

















5. Hope to read the latest in the GATED series:

















**And here's the cover of writing buddy's Christine Marciniak's upcoming book: 
















And finally--Fun interview post of two of my characters from NO MORE GODDESSES: http://lhnicoleauthor.com/2014/09/16/ato-kim-baccellia/

**Guilty pleasure:

Hope to see Maze Runner either today or tomorrow!  Loved the series!  And Dylan O'Brien, Stiles in Teen Wolf, is Thomas!  Yay!!



After I have blood drawn for my thyroid check-up(pray I find a tech who can work with hard draws like me), I plan to grab a Starbuck's Salted Caramel frappuccino with soy and no whip cream.

Comments

PJ Hoover said…
Thank you, Kim, and yay for Christine and Honestly Ali!!!
Kim Baccellia said…
Was so excited to finally get Tut!!!!
Little Willow said…
Hope your appointment went well! Spoil yourself! Happy weekend! :)

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections