Summer Teen Reading Party Guest--YA author Helene Prevost

I'm really excited to be hosting YA author Helene Prevost today.  Her YA novel  Desert Fire takes place in the Middle East.  As you all know my brother-in-law Eihab and his family live in Qatar.  My own sister has visited this country numerous times and is in love with the country and the people.

The trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A06MNB_GO8




Bio:
H.M. Prévost is a writer, photographer, teacher and avid reader of YA fiction. Thrillers, fantasy and paranormal romances (that’s right, pretty much anything with a vampire in it!) are her favorite genres. She also loves to paint and has covered her house with murals. For many years, she worked abroad in the United Arab Emirates, which provided an exotic setting for her debut YA thriller, Desert Fire. She lives in Québec with her husband, two rambunctious daughters, and Ginger the cat.










Blurb:
Nick stared at the mini-CD. It gleamed under the streetlights. Only the dying American pilot could have slipped it into his pocket. . . .
After running to the scene of a plane crash in Abu Dhabi, Nick Chevalier stumbles across classified military secrets. A ruthless terrorist will stop at nothing to get them. As Nick investigates the cover-up behind the downed plane, he crosses paths with an agent from a covert espionage agency and makes the leap from high school senior to teen spy. But he realizes too late that he put more than his own life at risk—his mother and sister are also in danger. Does he have what it takes to outwit a terrorist who wants him dead and save the two people he loves?

Q: How long did it take you to write this book?
It took about ten months, and then a few months of intense revision after that.

Q: Do you have a specific genre that you always write in or do you try writing in different genres?
Let’s see. . . Desert Fire is a thriller. I have a middle grade fantasy novel called The Erlkin’s Lair coming out next April. I have a YA urban fantasy novel titled Bonded, which I am shopping around at the moment. I am trying to write a YA paranormal romance as well. I guess you can say I like variety!

Q: What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Most of my spare time is spent writing. Since I have two kids, spare time is at a premium! I also do some photography and I enjoy painting.

Q: One food you would never eat?
Horsemeat. I saw some at the grocery store and I wanted to throw up!

Q: Are you a morning person or night owl?
I’m not really a morning person, but I like to get up early to get things done. When I sleep in, the day goes by way too fast, and I feel like I haven’t accomplished anything.

Q: If a genie granted you 1 wish, what would it be?
Tough question! I think I’d wish for a Victorian mansion on a sprawling 500-acre estate, complete with a stable filled with Warmblood horses.

Links:
Desert Fire is now on sale for $1.99 on Amazon and MuseItUp Publishing.

Comments

Unknown said…
What an interesting interview! I loved the 'genie wish' question. Her answer sounds pretty good to me, too. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation