Friday Five

1. This week had it's highs and lows. **A typical week for me!

I ended up getting a rejection for CANDLE, but still have it out with numerous small press pubs and one agent.


**This is my mantra: Never, ever, ever give up.

Then I got this review for CROSSED FIRE:



The story is imaginative and well written. You relate to these teens and their lives. Each has their own unique personality that enhances the story. Stephanie and Dylan are adorable together and entertain you in this tale. Cura is quirky and captures your heart with her optimism and cheer. Hillary you just love to loathe and you do feel for at the end but not enough to think her adventure will change her attitude..Dr. A is just as awesome as ever and the plot is fun, quirky and entertaining with just enough descriptive writing to give you and understanding and keep you in the story but not enough to have you yawn and want it to end..Do hope we get more of these fun characters and their adventures especially now that it is a group and each brings their own strengths to the situation... Books Are Love


2. One thing though that really resonated with me this week had to be  how the teens at  Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Florida are standing up and saying, "Enough is enough."

I couldn't help but think that it'll be the youth that will show us the way. 

One teen that really stood out had to be senior Emma Gonzalez. Her courage to speak out and demand change reminded me of those who did the same during the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights movement. Also, it reminded me of myself when I was teen when I went to numerous protest rallies.

Teens like her give me hope.

3. Books I've read:

Fatal Throne

Teaser: Fascinating insight into the wives' of King Henry VIII. A must read for fans of historical fiction and for those who love anything on the Tudors of Great Britain.

























4.  I AM ALFONSO JONES by Tony Meina





Teaser: Loaded with historical facts, knowledge, and glimpses into the lives of those who deal with harassment and brutality everyday based on the color of their skin. Totally a must read. This book should be in every high school library. Also this book would be great for discussing police brutality and #blacklivesmatter. The victims stories shouldn't be silenced. Their voices need to be heard.


5. Brightly Burning by Alexa Donne




Teaser: Captivating twist of Jane Eyre in the stars, this book will transport you to the far reaches of space with a timeless romance. Perfect for fans of Beth Revis. This story will not disappoint. 
















**Guilty Pleasure:

I plan to go see EVERYDAY. Read when it was a Cybil's nominated book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections