Friday Five

1. Last Friday I attended a Debra Dixon book camp. A number of editors have highly recommended her book. I couldn't wait to attend!

I took TONS of notes and couldn't wait to get back to my story so I could use what I learned.

Here's the book:


2. I'm also now an ACLU card carrying member. They sent me this sticker:

With this current administration, I've found it's very important to speak out.

3. Books for this week include:


My YABC review link: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/21150-lost-girls

Teaser:  Gripping tale of a teen who struggles to find her lost year while coming face to face with a horrific price of being popular. The twist on those who manipulate victims with their own agendas is shown in such a way that isn't preachy but rather more a cautionary tale.


4.

My YABC review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/21162-crazy-messy-beautiful

Teaser: Beautifully woven tale of a teen who searches for his own love story and finds that there is power in friendship too.

5. 

I couldn't wait for the paperback version of this book to come out. Now I wonder why I waited so long! Loved the voice of this novel so much. Talk about breaking the fat stereotype of the unhappy teen or the best friend. Willowdean has confidence and likes herself. I really liked her and wanted to see her succeed.

**Guilty Pleasure:

Grabbing one of those new  Coconut Cream Dunkin' Donut drinks after I drop teen off at his high school. **The trick is to ask to add more sweetener or else it's slightly bitter.


Comments

Eldheni said…
GMC is a STNDARD for all writers. You will love what she shows you, and how clearly understandable it is.
Isabeaulia said…
Not an actual comment because I'm not sure I can get him here...But, if I do, hi, Kim! Jen
Kim Baccellia said…
Thanks, Jen!
Kim Baccellia said…
Eldheni, Yes, I loved her workshop and so much of it made sense! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
Leisa V said…
I liked the book recs. I'll have to add them to my wishlist.
Melodye said…
Sounds like a great week for you, yay! I hope you'll share some GMC writing tips with us, here on your blog or via FB.
Kim Baccellia said…
I'll post some next Friday! Thanks for stopping by, Melodye!

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections