Friday Five

1. First off, tomorrow I won't be on the internet or watching TV.  This is my way to protest the election.  So for that reason I'm posting my 'Friday' five post a day early.

I won't get all politically here but feel strongly that I need to speak out against injustices and wrongs of this campaign.

I did get this yesterday, along with a quote from Hillary Clinton that I love:



"Please never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it.  It is.  It is worth it."

2. Exciting news:  Younger sister who is a paid genealogist connected with a family member.  Found out that our real Italian name is Baccelli and is pronounced: Buh-chel-ee.  Our family originates from Tempagnano.  This is a small village close to Lucca, Tuscany, Italy.

How cool is that?

Check out this site: https://mapcarta.com/30254760

3. Here's some books I've been reading this week:





Love this collection of stories on women heroes of WWII.  Each of these women showed courage against injustices and wrongs even though they knew by speaking out, they might be killed.

4.

Was excited to get this graphic novel from Clarion books.  Donna Jo Napoli is one of my all-time favorite MG authors.

Here's my YABC review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsfiction/20889-fish-girl

Teaser: Beautifully illustrated, this graphic novel shows a girl that is hidden away and the loneliness she encounters. Fish Girl's life is in a tank where it's her job to only let paying guests see a little of her. Her owner is a man who says he's Neptune. He warns her that she's not to interact with anyone as humans are dangerous and will harm her. She believes him until Livia, an ordinary girl finds her. This is where the story is laced with humor--Livia tells her about pizza and even gets her to do yoga.

5. Really excited to get this book:

Yes, this is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer coloring book!


**Guilty pleasure:

Since I won't be watching the inauguration, I plan to read, write, and visit a friend.  Oh, and grab a tasty drink:


I really love these peppermint mocha iced drinks!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation