Friday Five

1. If you missed my announcement, I'm excited to announce that my YA diverse thriller CANDLE IN THE WIND placed third in the 2016 Pages of the Heart Contest.  I'm excited as 1) I've never placed in a RWA charter contest 2) this is the motivation I need to help me continue my writing!



2. The other news is I'm kind of down that Hillary didn't win the election.  I've been numb and just disillusioned over it all.  Hope that Trump appoints good advisers and is humble to listen to their advice.  

3. One way not to get too down over the election is reading.


My YA Books Central review:

http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/20650-silver-stars-front-lines


Teaser: Coming of age story that has three different heroines battle not only the enemy but their own doubts and struggles of what it means to be fighting in a war that isn't use to women being on the front lines. Mostly though this is a story of three girls who go on a journey that has them become strong and courageous at the end. Can't wait to see where their journey does end.

4. 

I'm a huge fan of A.S. King's work.  This story is a very unique twist of the dysfunctional family where a teen comes in contact with her future and past selves as she tries to find what's original in life.

5. I'm also a huge fan of Suzanne Young and was bummed her latest didn't come out in time to be a Cybil's nominated book.  

This one deals with a teen with angry management issues who basically takes care of her seven-year-old brother with sensory issues.  This topic is one close to my heart and I can tell you that Young doesn't disappoint in her portrayal of a teen who tries to keep her family together while outside sources try to tear it apart.

**Guilty Pleasure:

I really want to see this:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation