Friday Five

1.  Been busy writing my contemp YA for NaNowrimo this week.  So far it's at a little over 8K.

Love this gif that was in my NaNo thread.  Need to remember it whenever doubt whispers in my ear that I'm only a fantasy writer or worse, that I can't write anything dark as 'Good' Christian girls don't do that.

Yeah, right.



I'm ixtumea over at NaNowrimo.  So if any of you are doing NaNo this year?  Feel free to friend me!


2. I also went to the public library and checked out a lot of books by and on the American poet Sylvia Plath.

My protagonist finds that a 'forced' 12th grade English assignment on this book opens her up to someone who 'gets' the pain she feels after the shooting death of her brother.


3. Finished reading Heidi Kling's PAINT MY BODY RED:


My YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/18817-paint-my-body-red

Teaser: PAINT MY BODY RED has gut-wrenching tragedy shown with unflinching honesty and where salvation is set behind a Wyoming backdrop. Real, honest, and intense this is a story that will stay with you long after you turn that last page.

4.  Right now reading THE UNHAPPENING OF GENESIS LEE




Intriguing premise of people in the future with a group of people that hold memories and if they 'lose' them?  They are basically blank.

YA Books Central review coming soon!

5. Listening to THE WITCH HUNTER


This one is really engaging about a girl who finds out that's she's both a witch and witch hunter.  Set in an alternative past where using magic is a crime punishable by death.

**Guilty Pleasure:

Well, I hope to grab a Starbucks Mocha Peppermint holiday drink after I get a pedi!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation