Friday Five

1. Really having a hard time working through Act 3 in this revision. I ended up tossing the original part as it wasn't working. Ugh. Ended up printing up another Plot wheel from Joyce Sweeney and trying to write through this plot block which is very painful. Double ugh.



Then fab YA author Maggie Stiefvater was on Twitter and I asked her what she did when she had this happen to her and she nailed it perfectly with this post:

http://maggiestiefvater.com/blog/in-which-i-advocate-caging-your-plot-bunnies/

Yes, my other project--plot bunny--has been hounding me. Love her suggestions! You rock, Maggie!

2. This week I was able to read fellow YABC Head Ninja's debut book: The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfarer:



Verdict:

Loved!

It's a cross between Somewhere in Time meets Dr. Who with amazing chemistry and exciting time travel stops.

Love the twists and turns in this time traveling/past lives tale. The chemistry between Alex and Blue(especially the 1927 dance scene) pulsed with chemistry. The reveals kept me on the edge of my seat.


3. Excited to get this novella from THE ELITE series.




This novella tells the story from the POV of the Prince and guard. Love it! Book three, The One, comes out in May!

4. Also the third book of Marissa Meyer is out!




Love this dystopian twist on fairy tales.

5. And what is going on with Stiles on Teen Wolf?

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/27/teen-wolf-stiles-evil-season-3-episode-16-recap/

I love this character so much. When I meet one of the writers, Nancy Holder, at a RWA conference, I told her that they better not mess with Stiles! LOL. I have to admit I love how the writers are deepening his character. Now just give him a love interest!



**Guilty Pleasure:

Hope to see this:


Comments

Emerald Barnes said…
Okay, I'm seriously freaking about Stiles... I love the character growth too, but they're messing with crush! Yes, I'm a few years older than him, but seriously, that guy is so cute!

I'm super excited about The One, and I have GOT to read the novella!! :)

I've been wondering about that serious by Marissa Meyer.

Thanks for sharing!
Louisa Bacio said…
Did you read all these of these stories this week? Glad you got your breakthrough!
Kim Baccellia said…
Emerald,

I totally love Stiles. When I read TEEN WOLF by Nancy Holder, I loved how she showed us more about his character. For example his ADHD and impulsiveness but also how he's the one who really kind of holds the gang together. He's smart, funny, and cute. Nancy told me he's one of her favorite characters too!

The Selection is amazing! Love this series so much! Now only bummed we have to wait till May for The One!

Thanks for dropping by!
Kim Baccellia said…
Louise,

My son 'kids' me that I'm addicted to books like some are addicted to gaming. I read two of these books this week. Just started Cress. Marissa's twist on a couple Disney fairy tales-Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and now Rapunzel with steampunk/Sci-fi is nothing short that amazing!

Thanks for stopping by!
Little Willow said…
Good luck with Act 3! You can do it!
Kim Baccellia said…
Thanks, Willow! It's just so hard!!!! But hey, if Meg Cabot says to write through the 'tough' parts and can do it, then I can too!

Thanks for stopping by and all your support!

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections